D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Business line extend – persistent widgets

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Business line extend – persistent widgets

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Captain Walker
    Participant

I’m using the latest version of Business Line downloaded from your site (as linked here)

I have tried to turn off the Archive Widget on Posts but it does not work. I’ve tried every possible combination and option I can find in the WordPress dashboard. Nothing works. Instead I keep getting this:
    A5347C007CE8CA1427536.png
    The Meta widget behaves equally – refusing to be removed on Posts. They will however obey and not be shown on ‘Posts page’. [This persistent behaviour is not related to role of user or any other feature].

If I switch to Twenty fourteen theme, all widgets obey perfectly. This leads me to think that it may be a theme issue with Business line.

I’m grateful for your guidance on this. Many thanks.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

You can control the WidGets from Appearance > WiDGets

You Can set Full Layout from Appearance > Business Line Options > General Options

You can set Full Width Template during Page Editing/Creation

Captain Walker
    Participant

Yes – I should have said I did all that and that I’m quite adept at configuring WordPress and you theme.

I’m not interested in Full Layout or Full Width Template.

The problem remains the same as described. Kindly look at it.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please select the Red Marked Option

Captain Walker
    Participant

All that does is obliterate the sidebar. Have you actually checked the issue at all?

Obliterating the sidebar means that I cannot have widgets on the Home page AND no widgets on Post pages (as is possible in Twenty Fourteen).
    9C52E66D913A005E13333.png

And just to be clear I am using the Widgets controls outside of the theme as well – but that does not help.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

All themes may not work in the same way. Business Line has one sidebar scope for all pages which is applicable for all the pages, posts etc. You may find some plugins which can control the way how widgets will be shown in different pages.

Captain Walker
    Participant

I can’t find your last response telling me to ‘select the red marked option’
    B62EEA20BC49134F22022.png
    I’ve now tried all combinations on that page and on Widgets controls in WordPress.
    I cannot achieve in one setting:
    1. No widgets on Home Page – AND –
    2. Widgets on individual Posts
    [As is achievable on the WordPress Twenty Fourteen theme].

If there is a way to achieve what I want in the CURRENT (unmodified) theme version, then please spell it out.

Captain Walker
    Participant

All themes may not work in the same way. Business Line has one sidebar scope for all pages which is applicable for all the pages, posts etc. You may find some plugins which can control the way how widgets will be shown in different pages.

Right.. so I was right.. after all the time wasting. The theme cannot in it’s current configuration achieve what I want. My time has been wasted because had Business Line been properly compared to Twenty Fourteen in the first post I made, the same conclusion would have been arrived at earlier – and my time not wasted, with elementary superficial responses.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

The Theme can show Full Width Layout without the Sidebar. We focused on this with an Red Arrow in our Screenshot. For pages it is possible to use Full Width Templates, too.

Different Themes have different features and functionalists. A Theme may not fulfill all requirements users may have. Then users should search for plugins or customize the Theme for their purposes. There are various plugins which can show specific widgets in specific pages/posts. These are not Theme Issues, right? These are features which may have or many not have in a Theme.

Twenty Fourteen has two sidebars. One is for main layout and one is for contents. The difference is Twenty Fourteen doesn’t show any default WidGets when the Sidebar remains empty. But the space is also occupied by the sidebar. You can also remove the default widgets from Business Line simply replace the whole code of sidebar.php with the following. Thus if you don’t use any WidGets in the Primary Sidebar the Sidebar will be empty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.