D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

NewsPress Featured Image

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support NewsPress Featured Image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Lee
    Participant

I’ve installed and activated NewsPress Lite on my live site and find that it is quite attractive. There are just a few issues that I found:

(1) If an article has a featured image it shows at the top of the post and in the story so there are two of the same images on the article.
    (2) The header image has to be cropped when uploaded or selected from existing media files, so the user must ftp a replacement with the same name if they want to match the dimensions of the default header shipped with NewsPress.
    (3) A minor conflict with the Biographia plugin so that the authors’ bio boxes show in excerpts even if the plugin is only enabled to show at the top of full posts.

Still, I’d recommend that news and magazine-type sites use NewsPress. I’ve put it on my live site here to get user feedback.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Lets’ see what your users say.

Unfortunately we can’t tell anything about third party Plugins.

Mark Lee
    Participant

Cool. One user told me today: “This new upgrade is a shiner.” He likes the new look.

I commented out the thumbnail image line from the php so I solved that problem but I haven’t looked at the footer code as yet to remove header info from the end of the pages.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Unfortunately Customization of Codes is not Covered by the FREE Membership

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.