D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Sun rain remove social icons

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Questions Sun rain remove social icons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sophie Janotta
    Participant

Hi,

another question. We don’t have any links filled in for social media. However the icons are still on the front page. How can I remove them?

Thanks for your help.
    Sophie

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

You can leave the fields blank from Appearance > SunRain Options > Social

Sophie Janotta
    Participant

Hi, thanks. But that’s the problem: we left the fields blank. But the buttons are still there…
    http://mindskills.ch

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We are sorry but the Options are available in the Extend Version only

Sophie Janotta
    Participant

I do not understand why a theme is displaying these icons without any links. Are you sure that this is a feature from the extended version? It doesn’t make any sense to force your customer to have social profiles in exactly the social media you offer with your theme….

Thanks for your help.
    Sophie

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We expect that the Free Version users will use the available links. The Extend Version can handle the presence of the icons based on the availability of the links

Julie Gomes
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I left the social media fields blank except for the blog (facebook) yet they are all showing up.

However, when I did fill in the blog field for my facebook URL, it is not working. The facebook icon does not click through to the URL I input in the field. I checked it on two browsers and it’s not clicking through.

Please help to get the facebook icon working correctly and remove the other empty icons.

Thank you!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

@Julie Gomes
    We are sorry but, the Facebook Link is not active in Free Version. You can use the available Links with Full Prefix like http://facebook.com/d5creation

Julie Gomes
    Participant

OK thanks. If you would like to hear a suggestion – you could gray out the fields that do not work in the free version and then have text next to it stating that the feature is not available in the free version and to upgrade to pro with a hyperlink to enable it. That’s how themes are usually developed so it’s clear what functions are available and what’s not.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

There is no option for Facebook Link in the SunRain Free Version. How did you find Facebook Link Option ?

SunRain Theme Options

Julie Gomes
    Participant

I posted that I filled in the blog field (feed or blog link / input your feed or blog URL here) with my facebook URL, which was not working and you have answered us as to why. Thank you for clearing it up!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We wish your ever success with WordPress and SunRain Theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.