D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Updating the Simplify Extended Theme

Front Page D5 Creation Forum Share Your Site developed with D5 Creation Themes Updating the Simplify Extended Theme

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  John Bergman 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John Bergman
    Participant

This may be a basic question, but Im brand new to D5, as well as, WordPress. I read the note that Simplify was updated to Responsive and this will help with viewing the slider on iphones and/or iPads. The only time I have updated a theme is when it stated that there is a theme update so I just followed through and the update was flawless.

However, I want to update my Simplify Extended theme to this new version so that I can view the full site on my iPad, but when I do it it says there is already a folder by that name in that same place so the installation fails. What am I missing?

Should I deactivate my current version of Simplify Extended, install the new version, and then….? I dont want to lose all of the work I have done so far, but it would be great if my Dashboard showed that there is a theme update available and then you would just follow the instructions to update it and it will be done.

What is the best way to get this new version installed while keeping all of my current work that I have done intact?

Once I have it completed I look forward to posting it here for everyone’s feedback.

Thank you,
    John

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from webherper on March 20, 2013, 09:40
    This may be a basic question, but Im brand new to D5, as well as, WordPress. I read the note that Simplify was updated to Responsive and this will help with viewing the slider on iphones and/or iPads. The only time I have updated a theme is when it stated that there is a theme update so I just followed through and the update was flawless.

However, I want to update my Simplify Extended theme to this new version so that I can view the full site on my iPad, but when I do it it says there is already a folder by that name in that same place so the installation fails. What am I missing?

Should I deactivate my current version of Simplify Extended, install the new version, and then….? I dont want to lose all of the work I have done so far, but it would be great if my Dashboard showed that there is a theme update available and then you would just follow the instructions to update it and it will be done.

What is the best way to get this new version installed while keeping all of my current work that I have done intact?

Once I have it completed I look forward to posting it here for everyone’s feedback.

Thank you,
    John

Hello,

The iPhone and iPad will show the first image if the theme is selected for 3D Slide and if the device has no Flash Player Installed. IF you select any of another 03 Slide Effects all devices will show the slides without any issue.

You can follow This Tutorial for Theme Updating.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.