D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Change colors in Small Business Template

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Change colors in Small Business Template

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Debbie Block
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from ImDebbie on January 2, 2013, 11:58
    How do I change all of the red boarders & print to blue in the Small Business Template?
    I see how to change the background, but that’s not what I need to do.

Thank you

Background Changing Option is a feature of WordPress. You can customize the FREE Version for changing the Colors. If you want to do that easily within the Theme Options you can use Extend Version.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from ImDebbie on January 2, 2013, 11:58
    How do I change all of the red boarders & print to blue in the Small Business Template?
    I see how to change the background, but that’s not what I need to do.

Thank you

Background Changing Option is a feature of WordPress. You can customize the FREE Version for changing the Colors. If you want to do that easily within the Theme Options you can use Extend Version.

Gavin Chatt
    Participant

Hi guys,

Loving the theme and have moved to the Pro version. Appreciate the work you guys do 🙂 My question relates to the same I’ve changed the RED to a soft colour however am struggling to locate the background boxes and search frame which are still the same. Would you mind advising the code for this?

My Site= http://twilightlimousines.com.au

The other question (sorry) is with your DEMO version of Small Business Pro Extended I see at the very top left another menu and I’m keen to understand how this can be completed.

Yes very new to WordPress, but have been able to learn some.

Leesa Joiner
    Participant

I have the same question – how to change the ‘red’ to a different color. I see Twilightlimo has been able to do it on his site, I would appreciate some pointers. Thanks

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Twilightlimo on January 11, 2013, 18:52
    Hi guys,

Loving the theme and have moved to the Pro version. Appreciate the work you guys do 🙂 My question relates to the same I’ve changed the RED to a soft colour however am struggling to locate the background boxes and search frame which are still the same. Would you mind advising the code for this?

My Site= http://twilightlimousines.com.au

The other question (sorry) is with your DEMO version of Small Business Pro Extended I see at the very top left another menu and I’m keen to understand how this can be completed.

Yes very new to WordPress, but have been able to learn some.

You can change the background from WP-Dashboard > Appearance > Background

You can include a Top Menu from WP-Dashboard > Appearance > Menu

Leesa Joiner
    Participant

I see that part, and it is pretty straight forward. How do you change the red though?

Leesa Joiner
    Participant

Or in other words, is it possible to change the red, to a more desirable color in the free version? If not, is it possible in the paid version? I love the theme, but need to customize colors. Thanks

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leesaj on January 11, 2013, 19:40
    Or in other words, is it possible to change the red, to a more desirable color in the free version? If not, is it possible in the paid version? I love the theme, but need to customize colors. Thanks

You can customize the FREE Version by yourself to change the colors.The Pro Version has Theme Options to include custom CSS within the WP-Dashboard. Extend Version has easy color changing options in Theme Options.

Gavin Chatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on January 11, 2013, 19:19

You can change the background from WP-Dashboard > Appearance > Background

You can include a Top Menu from WP-Dashboard > Appearance > Menu

Thanks however the outer background [currently soft grey] is fine I’m talking about the following points where behind the FB Twiter images for example as well as the RED (faint) line at the top left.

Untitled.jpg

I created a new menu however it killed my old one, the menu I’m talking about can be seen here the same menu on the right is available however an additional one sites on the top left side.

Untitled2.jpg

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Just enter the following code in the Custom Code within Head Area of Theme Options. Change the colors as expected. These are sample codes. You should implement like these. We recommend not to customize the theme styling code. Pro users should implement the customization in the Custom code within Head Area.

Code:
    <style>
    #smallbusiness-top-menu { border-left: 1px solid #940D05; border-right: 1px solid #D61003;}
    #top-menu-container input#s { border: 1px solid #D61003; }
    .facebook-link, .twitter-link, .youtube-link, .li-link, .feed-link { background-color: #FD7B6D; border-color: #FCB3AB #FCB3AB #911406 #911406; }
    </style>

You can create two menu items. Suppose Main-Menu and Top Menu. You can follow This Tutorial.

Gavin Chatt
    Participant

Thank you for your support, I’ve been able to sort the small areas and borders now 🙂

I’ll now review the additional menus and see how that comes together.

This was my first post and experience using d5creations and a brilliant experience was received.

Thank You!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Twilightlimo on January 11, 2013, 20:42
    Thank you for your support, I’ve been able to sort the small areas and borders now 🙂

I’ll now review the additional menus and see how that comes together.

This was my first post and experience using d5creations and a brilliant experience was received.

Thank You!

We advised to implement the custom styling in Custom Code within Head Area because this will not do any change during theme upgrading. But if you change the theme files that will be replaced during theme upgrading. And theme upgrading is important for security and new features.

gary campbell
    Participant

I tried to use the code you provided, but it just changed a couple of border colours. Twilight-mo has managed to change the whole theme colour. What is the code for doing that please? I am using SB Pro.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from b1uenose on January 31, 2014, 16:00
    I tried to use the code you provided, but it just changed a couple of border colours. Twilight-mo has managed to change the whole theme colour. What is the code for doing that please? I am using SB Pro.

Extend Version has Color Setting Option. You can also implement Custom CSS in the pro version. You can use Custom Code into the Custom Code within Head Area box using starting <style> and closing </style> tag.

Please be specific where you want to change the color.

gary campbell
    Participant

The standard theme is red based / header and footer. with a white/off white background. I want to change the main red colour on the theme, to #1a1750 (dark blue), but not sure what to edit to achieve this.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from b1uenose on January 31, 2014, 18:25
    The standard theme is red based / header and footer. with a white/off white background. I want to change the main red colour on the theme, to #1a1750 (dark blue), but not sure what to edit to achieve this.

You can find the actual element and can change the colors right clicking the mouse on the element and selecting Inspect Element in Chrome Browser.

gary campbell
    Participant

That works, thanks for the tip.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.