D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Changing footer and featured boxes

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Changing footer and featured boxes

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Marc Burkels
    Participant

Hello, I tried to set up a picture gallery and to usethe jetpack carousel.It is not working. Same for Publicize. Reading infos on forums, apparently the chosen themes can be the problem. What can I do?

Thank you soo much for your assistance 🙂

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from locutus2000 on December 13, 2012, 03:30
    So this is my first time building a word-press site and I decided to use the D5 Design theme (free). I’m already quite happy and was able to modify some things like removing read more buttons and changing the top area size. But now I still need to customize the footer section and I would like to resize the 3 featured boxes because I removed the read more buttons there as well.

I’m unable to find both, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The Pro Theme users will have the option to edit the footer credit line.

Marc Burkels
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on December 13, 2012, 10:49

Quote:
    Quote from locutus2000 on December 13, 2012, 03:30
    So this is my first time building a word-press site and I decided to use the D5 Design theme (free). I’m already quite happy and was able to modify some things like removing read more buttons and changing the top area size. But now I still need to customize the footer section and I would like to resize the 3 featured boxes because I removed the read more buttons there as well.

I’m unable to find both, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The Pro Theme users will have the option to edit the footer credit line.

I Actually meant the footer sitemap so with sample text, meta, List items & categories. I would really like to change the sample text or just plain remove all of that. Is that only possible in the Pro theme?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Those are widgets which you can edit from the Appearance > Widget of your WP Dashboard. These are WordPress features, not our themes’

Thanks

Marc Burkels
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on December 13, 2012, 14:47
    Those are widgets which you can edit from the Appearance > Widget of your WP Dashboard. These are WordPress features, not our themes’

Thanks

Sorry if I’m being redundant, but are we on the same page? The sample text clearly states something about D5 Design:

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56888601/Capture.PNG[/img]

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We gave some sample text but the features are WordPress features. You can also hide this widgets from Theme Options. Please find the Theme Options and WP Dashboard properly before sending any support request.

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Small Business Pro: translating read the rest of this page in the Editor More Tag in another language, can’t find it. Thanks for feedback.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 26, 2012, 03:04
    Small Business Pro: translating read the rest of this page in the Editor More Tag in another language, can’t find it. Thanks for feedback.

Line Number 139 in functions.php
    We are working for easy theme options for translation. Hope you will find the update soon.

Thanks

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Soo many thanks, will try it and keep you posted

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Small Business Pro: page visibility
    I’m used to work in CMS like Joomla and Typo3 and I’m wondering how I can deal in WordPress Small Business pro with pages I want to be visible and exposed to google search, but not mentioned in the menu or submenu. Actually when I made them private, they appear as PRIVATE:Title or if I copy the link in another browser, the URL cannot be find. When I make them public, they appear in the menu. Thanks in advance for your support, very appreciable:-)

Andreas Görner
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on December 26, 2012, 03:11

Quote:

We are working for easy theme options for translation. Hope you will find the update soon.

Thanks

I still did it and it works for the Front page, but not in the Posts by using the alt tag in the editor.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 26, 2012, 18:30

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

I still did it and it works for the Front page, but not in the Posts by using the alt tag in the editor.

Please find the text in index.php and blog.php and Edit.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 26, 2012, 18:20
    Small Business Pro: page visibility
    I’m used to work in CMS like Joomla and Typo3 and I’m wondering how I can deal in WordPress Small Business pro with pages I want to be visible and exposed to google search, but not mentioned in the menu or submenu. Actually when I made them private, they appear as PRIVATE:Title or if I copy the link in another browser, the URL cannot be find. When I make them public, they appear in the menu. Thanks in advance for your support, very appreciable:-)

These are WordPress Features and you can set your Permalink Smart. Please follow This Link for learning.

You can design the Menu Structure following This Guide.

You can set the Privacy Settings Too.

Andreas Görner
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on December 26, 2012, 18:42

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

GREAT, 🙂 🙂 it works, but by searching per category, problem is not solved.There must be one place left where I have to change it, but where????

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Small Business Pro: three questions- Link in Footer & Picture Frame & red container menu
    1)Put URL or Link in existing content in the footer. Can’t find how to do it.
    2)I tried to remove the grey frame, alignement and font type for the picture caption. Where can I find the place to do it. I made some changes in the CSS, but it doesn’t work.
    3)I changed the header and footer in the corporate colours of the company, I succeed also in changing the under-menu, but actually no solution to change colour in the menu content box between header and main menu, eg between header and HOME, it’s still in red.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 27, 2012, 20:59
    Small Business Pro: three questions- Link in Footer & Picture Frame & red container menu
    2)I tried to remove the grey frame, alignement and font type for the picture caption. Where can I find the place to do it. I made some changes in the CSS, but it doesn’t work.
    3)I changed the header and footer in the corporate colours of the company, I succeed also in changing the under-menu, but actually no solution to change colour in the menu content box between header and main menu, eg between header and HOME, it’s still in red.

Please provide your Website URL.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 27, 2012, 19:58

Quote:
    Quote from d5creation on December 26, 2012, 18:42

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

GREAT, 🙂 🙂 it works, but by searching per category, problem is not solved.There must be one place left where I have to change it, but where????

Please find the text in archive.php file. Small Business Extend has easy theme options to do this from the Theme Options.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on December 27, 2012, 20:59

1) Use HTML Syntax for any link like

Code:
    <a href=”https://d5creation.com&#8221;>D5 Creation</a>

2) 3) Please add these following code in the Custom Code within Head Area of Theme Options and change the values as expected.

Code:
    <style>

#slideshow div.post-slide { background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7); font-family: Tahoma; }
    #slideshow, #slideshow a, #slideshow h2 { font-family: tahoma; }

#smallbusiness-main-menu a:hover, #smallbusiness-main-menu .current-menu-item > a, #smallbusiness-main-menu .current-menu-ancestor > a, #smallbusiness-main-menu .current_page_item > a, #smallbusiness-main-menu .current_page_ancestor > a { background: #B81005; }

/* You can add other css lines here like these if you want */

</style>

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Hi, what a nightmare. This didn’t work. Instead of this, please have a look what’sthe result. Could you please inform me how to remove this operation, we are online:-((((
    http://www.wesentlich-gmbh.de

Andreas Görner
    Participant

Hello, I tried to set up a picture gallery and to usethe jetpack carousel.It is not working. Same for Publicize. Reading infos on forums, apparently the chosen themes can be the problem. What can I do?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Mockka on January 3, 2013, 23:26

We didn’t tested jetpack carousel but we see that the plugin is backdated (last updated 84 days ago). We don’t know the current WordPress version will support that plugin properly or not because the plugin was developed for WordPress 3.4 ready. We didn’t find anything named Publicize in the WP plugins repository.

There are thousands of plugins. Theme authors can’t test all the plugins. But our theme is using all the WP standard features and hooks in appropriate place. All standard plugins should work with our themes perfectly.

You can also use WordPress’s own gallery creation technique rather than using a plugin.

BTW you should create new forum topic. The title of this topic is not relevant with your topic.

karen harvey
    Participant

I have the exact same question as locutus2000. Does anyone understand how to change the catagories, sample text and list items, and quote, at the bottom of the page? If I can’t get this changed, I’ll have to change my theme. I like this Small Business theme, but need it to work for me. thanks

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from [email protected] on February 23, 2013, 22:26
    I have the exact same question as locutus2000. Does anyone understand how to change the catagories, sample text and list items, and quote, at the bottom of the page? If I can’t get this changed, I’ll have to change my theme. I like this Small Business theme, but need it to work for me. thanks

You can change these from WP-Admin > Appearance > WidGets

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.