D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Compatibility with Windows Live Writer

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Compatibility with Windows Live Writer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lee Hopkins
    Participant

G’day,

Windows Live Writer (WLW) is the blogging platform of choice for pro bloggers here in Australia and much of USA and Europe. I use WLW to run eight blogs, and advise friends and clients to do the same.

But your Small Business Pro theme isn’t compatible with WLW, making it more difficult to post to. What chance is there of updating your theme to ensure WLW compatibility?

Cheers

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leehopkins on February 8, 2013, 11:35
    G’day,

Windows Live Writer (WLW) is the blogging platform of choice for pro bloggers here in Australia and much of USA and Europe. I use WLW to run eight blogs, and advise friends and clients to do the same.

But your Small Business Pro theme isn’t compatible with WLW, making it more difficult to post to. What chance is there of updating your theme to ensure WLW compatibility?

Cheers

All of our themes are designed and developed maintaining all WordPress Coding Standards. So these should be integrated properly. You should set a page as a blog page. You can do that from WP-Admin > Settings > Reading

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

And do what when I get there? You have to be more helpful to your paying customers, D5, then I have seen you be. Good customer support means doing all you can to solve the customer’s problem, whether it’s a problem with your software or their own knowledge. You need to educate AND inform.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leehopkins on February 10, 2013, 18:32
    And do what when I get there? You have to be more helpful to your paying customers, D5, then I have seen you be. Good customer support means doing all you can to solve the customer’s problem, whether it’s a problem with your software or their own knowledge. You need to educate AND inform.

We apologize for any inconvenience. You can first set of your pages as blog page from WP-Admin > Settings > Reading. This Topic may help you.

We tested WLW with Small Business Theme and it is working properly. You can follow This Topic for more settings information.

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

Thanks for that. I seem to get stuck at the template creation stage, and after three minutes of waiting for a template to download, I get the following error dialog box: “The blog theme couldn’t be downloaded. You will be able to post to this blog, but you won’t be able to see the blog theme while editing posts.”

I have been able to post to the blog, but only by using the ‘Source’ page, not the ‘Edit’ page.

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

The ‘blog’ link issue from the navbar worked out fine after I followed your suggestion and selected that ‘page’ in the settings — many thanks for that. 🙂

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leehopkins on February 12, 2013, 04:32
    The ‘blog’ link issue from the navbar worked out fine after I followed your suggestion and selected that ‘page’ in the settings — many thanks for that. 🙂

One of our developer will check and we will let you know the updates.

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

Any news?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leehopkins on February 18, 2013, 13:42
    Any news?

We see everything is fine with our Themes. Do you have any new issue?

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

the ‘Blog Account > Update theme’ ends with the download timing out, as though it can’t download all of the theme

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from leehopkins on February 20, 2013, 12:23
    the ‘Blog Account > Update theme’ ends with the download timing out, as though it can’t download all of the theme

This is your hosting issue. Your hosting company has fixed a timing for php which is not sufficient for the upload. If you have permission you can change the timing from php.ini file or can contact with your hosting company.

You can unzip the downloaded theme file and can overwrite those files with any FTP Client without facing the above issue.

Lee Hopkins
    Participant

ok, thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.