D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Copy from server to local machine

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Questions Copy from server to local machine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Hello,

I love your themes. That’s why I got to the developer deal . Great .

Now my question . I have a site running on a host . The simplify extended theme . How can I copy the theme like it is on the host server to my local machine where I’m running XAMP .
    I have allready got a local site running on it but I want to have a exact copy of the hostsite on my local machine.
    I have copied all the files from the host to my local machine and changed the wp_config.php file so I can connect with the database and can run the theme (dashboard ) but I have not the same settings like on the host ?

It’s like its a fresh theme instead of the host theme . What is going on , what do I forget to do so that it’s the same layout ?

I want this to be the same so I can run and try stuff out locally and then make these alterations on the real website.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to do.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on February 28, 2013, 10:57
    Hello,

I love your themes. That’s why I got to the developer deal . Great .

Now my question . I have a site running on a host . The simplify extended theme . How can I copy the theme like it is on the host server to my local machine where I’m running XAMP .
    I have allready got a local site running on it but I want to have a exact copy of the hostsite on my local machine.
    I have copied all the files from the host to my local machine and changed the wp_config.php file so I can connect with the database and can run the theme (dashboard ) but I have not the same settings like on the host ?

It’s like its a fresh theme instead of the host theme . What is going on , what do I forget to do so that it’s the same layout ?

I want this to be the same so I can run and try stuff out locally and then make these alterations on the real website.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to do.

This is a critical process and we hope that you will be able to do that easily. Please Read and Follow This WordPress Tutorial Carefully.

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Thanks for the answer . Found something on the web http://www.premiumwebbloghosting.com/2012/07/moving-wordpress-from-hosting-to-localhost.html
    Would this work the other way around ? That would solve my problem for a big part.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on March 1, 2013, 22:10
    Thanks for the answer . Found something on the web http://www.premiumwebbloghosting.com/2012/07/moving-wordpress-from-hosting-to-localhost.html
    Would this work the other way around ? That would solve my problem for a big part.

Good Pictorial Tutorial.

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Yes , but would this work the way around to?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on March 2, 2013, 01:52
    Yes , but would this work the way around to?

This should work but you may set some settings.

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Yes , I know . I’m going to try this when I have a lot of time. Not taking any risk .
    Thanks , for the answers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.