D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Custom Menu Categories

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Questions Custom Menu Categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Craddock
    Participant

I created a custom menu for my site using Simplify Extend and though the menu is there, it does not seem to populate with the category posts when the posts are tagged.

The menu is set up like this:

Furniture (PAGE)
    Tabes (category)
    End Tables (category)
    Wall Storage (category)

So based on other blogs I have set up, when I create a post and tag it with the category name, ie “Wall Storage,” my understanding is that it should archive into the category page under the “Furniture” page, but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and I love the theme. Here is the site to refer to: http://www.mulliganmadefurniture.com

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from kalalilys on May 7, 2013, 21:02
    I created a custom menu for my site using Simplify Extend and though the menu is there, it does not seem to populate with the category posts when the posts are tagged.

The menu is set up like this:

Furniture (PAGE)
    Tabes (category)
    End Tables (category)
    Wall Storage (category)

So based on other blogs I have set up, when I create a post and tag it with the category name, ie “Wall Storage,” my understanding is that it should archive into the category page under the “Furniture” page, but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and I love the theme. Here is the site to refer to: http://www.mulliganmadefurniture.com

Custom Menu is a WordPress Core Feature. This Tutorial may help you. BTW, you are not using Simplify Extend. You are using Simplify Free Version.

Kathy Craddock
    Participant

I do know how to use the custom menus and have used it before. Does the custom menu and catogory feature work with this version of the template?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from kalalilys on May 7, 2013, 21:09
    I do know how to use the custom menus and have used it before. Does the custom menu and catogory feature work with this version of the template?

Yes, Category can be used as the Menu Items. Not only Category but you can also create any Text Menu with/without any link.

Kathy Craddock
    Participant

I am not sure why the posts aren’t showing up in the category pages then, which is why I came to ask quesitons in the forum regarding the theme. I have two posts in there currently that are tagged “Wall Storage” but they are not going into the “Wall Storage” category page that I have set up in the custom menu.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from kalalilys on May 7, 2013, 21:15
    I am not sure why the posts aren’t showing up in the category pages then, which is why I came to ask quesitons in the forum regarding the theme. I have two posts in there currently that are tagged “Wall Storage” but they are not going into the “Wall Storage” category page that I have set up in the custom menu.

Please remember that these are WordPress Core Features and Simplify Theme is fully Ready to incorporate the Feature without any issue. Normally we check the Users’ Site Admin Panel for such these cases when they can’t configure the features properly. But Unfortunately It is not possible for us to do this for thousands of Free Users.

Kathy Craddock
    Participant

I completely understand that. One the Pro and Extend versions, the only way to upgrade is to become a member is that right? You can not just upgrade/purchase a theme upgrade?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from kalalilys on May 7, 2013, 21:42
    I completely understand that. One the Pro and Extend versions, the only way to upgrade is to become a member is that right? You can not just upgrade/purchase a theme upgrade?

Yes, we have only Membership Options. STARTER and ADVANCED Members can download and use the Pro/Premium Themes and DEVELOPER Members can download and use the Pro/Premium and Extend Themes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.