D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Green Eye Theme: Want to delete "Edit this Entry" from pages and dot in slider

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Green Eye Theme: Want to delete "Edit this Entry" from pages and dot in slider

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Kleiner
    Participant

I’m finishing re-contenting of my web site, staying with the Green Eye theme. There are a few odds and ends to clean up. The URL is http://www.kleinerprweb.com.
    1. There is an “Edit this Entry” at the bottom of the pages, except Home and Blog pages. I want to delete it.
    2. In the Slider, previously a Read More button appeared, where you could click and go to that page. I wanted to delete that. I think I was trying the Read More buttons in General Options about the blogs. Now, a green dot appears instead of the Read More. I don’t want the green dot either.
    3. At the same time, a Read More icon that appeared under excerpts in blogposts no longer appears. I have hyperlinked Read More text. “Some Words and Read More button in blog page” is checked in Green Eye Options>General Options.
    4. The testimonial scroll was previously centered at bottom of home page, but is now left.

I have screen shots of the Green Eye Options settings and what is seen on the pages.

Thank you.

Michael Kleiner
    [email protected]

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Green Eye Version

You are using the Version 1.9 when the latest version is 2.7
    Users should use the Latest Version always because We update our Themes according to the updates of WordPress Core

Edit This Entry is not available to your visitors. This is only visible when you are logged in as an Administrator

Michael Kleiner
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I renewed one theme and downloaded green-eye-extend, but the installation failed twice. Do I have to uninstall the previous version? Will my current design be effected by the new version? I won’t have to start over?

Michael Kleiner

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please find This Tutorial: https://d5creation.com/themeupdate

WordPress Contents are stored in a MySQL Database, not in any Theme Files. So, Changing Themes, Updating Themes, Removing Themes don’t remove any Data.

For removing the Read More link from the Slider, Please download the Latest Version again even you already downloaded, Update your site and Leave the Image Link field blank from WP-Admin > Appearance > GREEN EYE Options > Slider

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.