D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Header and Other Color Change

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Header and Other Color Change

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick McLoad
    Participant

Thank you in advance, and my apologies for the newbie question.
    My client does not like any of the black or charcoal-gray colors in the
    Simplify Extended site I’m working on, at the top or the bottom.

Nor does he like the “blue” color that show on the links (calls it “Baby-Blue), but
    never told me what he does like….maybe something a bit darker?

He is considering dropping the use of this template altogether if I can’t create
    something that he likes. Part of the issue is that I don’t have any “soft-sell” or
    marketing verbage about the company, the people, the “mission” and things like
    “our company focuses on YOUR problems, finding solutions to impossible problems”…
    stuff like that.

I had been concentrating solely on the “nuts and bolts” of the site, getting his product line
    listed, and all of the models in each product line, etc, etc….I hadn’t done any work on the
    “this is our company and why we are the best choice for you” kind of stuff. I figured we would deal with
    that later.

So for the short-term, like today, if we can get the colors changed, this might help. If I need
    your custom support for this please advise. There may be some other tasks to do, but would rather that
    be confidential. I tried my best to make some of these changes in the code, but it never took….admittedly, I may not know what I’m doing.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Patrick

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from mcload on May 18, 2013, 02:05
    Thank you in advance, and my apologies for the newbie question.
    My client does not like any of the black or charcoal-gray colors in the
    Simplify Extended site I’m working on, at the top or the bottom.

Nor does he like the “blue” color that show on the links (calls it “Baby-Blue), but
    never told me what he does like….maybe something a bit darker?

He is considering dropping the use of this template altogether if I can’t create
    something that he likes. Part of the issue is that I don’t have any “soft-sell” or
    marketing verbage about the company, the people, the “mission” and things like
    “our company focuses on YOUR problems, finding solutions to impossible problems”…
    stuff like that.

I had been concentrating solely on the “nuts and bolts” of the site, getting his product line
    listed, and all of the models in each product line, etc, etc….I hadn’t done any work on the
    “this is our company and why we are the best choice for you” kind of stuff. I figured we would deal with
    that later.

So for the short-term, like today, if we can get the colors changed, this might help. If I need
    your custom support for this please advise. There may be some other tasks to do, but would rather that
    be confidential. I tried my best to make some of these changes in the code, but it never took….admittedly, I may not know what I’m doing.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Patrick

Hello,

You can use the Color Settings Tab from Simplify Options for Color Changing of the Site. All the color codes are given there. You should check the activation checkbox to activate the color settings.

You can do any change within Theme Options because these will not be affected during Theme Update. But some options are not recommended because those may change the Theme’s visual appearance and combinations. But you may do those if you can handle those effectively. You can copy any code block from the style.css file and use that in the Custom Code within Head Area of Theme Options between starting <style> and closing </style> tag like:

<style>

body { color: #000000; }

</style>

You can provide us Site URL, one Temporary Admin ID and Password to our E-Mail so that we can check your site and your customization. You can still take our Custom Service Opportunity if you require.

Please ask your client to supply any image, screenshot or sample website what he needs.

Thanks

Patrick McLoad
    Participant

I’m sorry, but after hours of trying, the response you gave was NO help at all. I have looked in the list of the line of codes and can find nothing that refers to the top black areas nor the bottom black stripe (social media). I think the only color I was able to change was the website text color.

Could you possibly be more specific as to what the line of code reads for the top black “header” where the word SIMPLIFY resides,
    and the line of code for the charcoal box where the words “Welcome to the world of Creativity” is?

I’ve tried using Firebug and Inspect Element, but can find nothing.

Thanks for your help. I no longer think my client is on-board anymore, so from here, I’m just trying to learn how
    to change some of these colored areas. I certainly understand that the white color I am trying to change these areas to is #ffffff. And yes, the little activation box is checked.

Many thanks.

Patrick McLoad
    Participant

PS: I am trying to use Simplify Extend.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from mcload on May 23, 2013, 10:47
    PS: I am trying to use Simplify Extend.
    Code:
    <style>

</style>

This is just a sample code. This will not change all the elements. You should inspect the elements using firebug and can put them between the <style> and </style>. So the code will be as follows:

Code:
    <style>

[b]Code from Inspect Element by Firebug.[/b]

</style>

Did you try the Color Settings of Simplify Options? You can change almost all the colors of Simplify Extend from there. You should activate (check the box ) in the Color Settings Tab before saving. Hundreds of users are doing such this way without any issue.

If you want us doing these we will be happy to do these for you. You can take our Custom Service Opportunity for these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.