D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Image size doesn't change

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Image size doesn't change

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Diogo Costa
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m having trouble changing the image size with your theme. I change it in the “Add multimedia” or the “Edit image” section, but the size in the article itself (preview and the published page) doesn’t change. It does appear to have changed on the editor though…

Thank you for your attention

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please consider that the Images within Content of Posts/Pages are not managed by the Theme

Diogo Costa
    Participant

Well, what I read before is that themes have a maximum width for images, and i can’t find what the maximum width os for Searchlight (hence I supposed this might be the problem).

In that case, what can be the problem? The images I’m uploading are really big and I’m stuck with a tiny frame…

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

What is the Page URL ?

Diogo Costa
    Participant
    D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Our themes can show any sized images. If your Image be larger than the Container/Frame the Image will be shown 100% of the Container/Frame. We are finding some blank images in your page but no issues of Theme. Please check your Page activating another theme like Twenty Seventeen temporarily. If the problem remains that will not be a Theme Issue. Then you can reactivate the Searchlight again.

Diogo Costa
    Participant

With twenty seventeen I can resize the images, no problem, but can’t in Searchlight (changed to twenty seventeen and the image i was trying to resize was the size i wanted it in, changed back to Searchlight, the problem returned).

Diogo Costa
    Participant

The broken images you see are just images I haven’t uploaded yet since I migrated my blog from another host.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please consider that the Image within Post/Page Content is not controlled by the Theme. Your problem may be a Caching Issue. You can show with detail screenshots mentioning what is happened and what should be. Are you sure the Editor is set as Visual Mode ( Not Text Mode ) ? Did you clear the Cache of the Browser ? We can’t regenerate such these problems in our Test Environment. If you used the Extended Version we could check your site taking admin access from you.

Diogo Costa
    Participant

This is the size the image should have This is the size the image should have
    Picture's properties in WP, with a with of about 600px and a height of about 500px
    This is the size that actually shows up

Diogo Costa
    Participant

The last image in my last reply is the size that appears on the website.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please consider that you are using Images within HTML address tag which is not standard. In Searchlight, address tag has maximum width set to 250px. address tag is used for Contact Information or Address of any person/location/company etc. We don’t know but that may be generated any Plugin you are using. Please read This Reference. There is no standard styling rules for the address tag. This may vary theme to theme. One of your Plugin may be generating this which is not standard.

You are using <address class="mceTemp"> which is not standard use of HTML address tag. You can try using image from Image Inserter. You can also check disable your Plugins one by one. We shall also try to remove the maximum width in next update.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.