D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Newspress: problem with fresh install

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Newspress: problem with fresh install

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Edega Belay
    Participant

Hi
    I just installed Newspress lite from themes gallery successfully. However, it doesn’t look similar to the demo site, few issues are:
    1. The top section where it supposed to show social links & search is enlarged/overflowing
    2. The 2 advert images are moved to the right, while the title is pushed to left edge
    3. Though I have test categories which I have added to the side bars, not showing. Only showing the posts in one column

The test site is http://www.irtw.com

Do I miss something or is this the limitation of the lite? Appreciate your assistance,
    many thanks

Edega

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

You should activate the News Style Layout from NewsPress Options

Edega Belay
    Participant

Thank you, it solved issues 2 & 3. The top section is still overflowing and enlarged. Tried the number of social links but still scrambled on my iPad. Thank you in advance.

Edega Belay
    Participant

okay, i think i figure it out after going through your site! the lite is limited and not responsive. Though new for WP (I was more into joomla and asp.net based sites), after wondering around for customizable WP frameworks & themes, I can say you have the best! except for some of us who is new into it, experimenting and doesn’t yet decided which framework/theme to go for, it’s right priced.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Both NewsPress Lite and Extend are Responsive. You can activate the Responsive Layout from NewsPress Options

Edega Belay
    Participant

In the newspress options, there is only one checkbox, which is

Set News Style Front Page without considering the WP Reading Settings (ticked)

If you select This Options the WordPress Settings > Reading will not be considered and the News Style Front Page will be displayed. This is recommended for News Sites.

The other parameters are for social links and two image selectors.

Thanks

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Google Mobile Friendly Test has reported your Site Awesome because it is Responsive. You can check The Result Here.

If you want more controls and Features, you can use NewsPress Extend.

Edega Belay
    Participant

Thanks, I will consider it.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.