D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Page Displaying Incorrectly after removing data from the template sheet, please help

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Page Displaying Incorrectly after removing data from the template sheet, please help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alice Jackson
    Participant

Hello, I’m in the middle of creating my first WordPress website, previously I used Weebly.

I was really proud of myself as I had managed to make quite a few changes, add plug ins etc. and then i decided I wanted to get rid of the ‘posted by’ and ‘date posted’ line at the top of the blog page. I had a search on the internet and thought the following line of code

<p class=”postmetadataw”>Posted by: <?php the_author_posts_link() ?> | on <?php the_time(‘F j, Y’); ?></p>

Was the bit i should remove. I did this, and since then when I click on the pages that are using the blog template I get a message saying, sorry we couldn’t find anything to match your search. I thought i was being clever as I took a screen shot of where the data was that I’d taken on the blogg.php and the fblog.php however, when i put them back in my pages are still showing the ‘sorry we couldn’t find anything to match your search’.

I could cry as I was just about ready to start writing the content. Please can you help me!

Oh I also tried deleting the theme and then reinstalling it but it remembered everything from before 🙁 Please help!

If you want to take a look at my website it’s http://www.madsoninterimsolutions.com

Thank you in advance.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

You can simply overwrite the file with the original if you feel that the problem is raised from you editing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.