D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Small Business Pro: Static Front Page!

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Small Business Pro: Static Front Page!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Sapier
    Participant

Please help! On the free version of D5’s Small Business theme I was able to make the home page into a static page no problem, but this is not possible in the pro version!

I have specified that WordPress should display a static home page in Settings > Reading but this doesn’t seem to have any effect.

There is an option which may be causing the trouble in Appearance > Small Business Options > General Options. Here, there is a drop down box: “Select the Number of Posts which will be shown in Front Page” (from 1 to 5). Is there a way of disabling this, or selecting 0? It’s driving me mad!

Thank you in advance
    Daniel

Daniel Sapier
    Participant

I managed to do this manually by editing the bit of code from the free version (and I have no idea how to use PHP)

After this line of code:

<?php if (of_get_option(‘fbox-check’, 0 ) !=’1′ ): get_template_part( ‘featured-box’ ); endif; ?><br />

I pasted this bit from the free theme:

<div id=”content”>
    <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();?><div <?php post_class(); ?> id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>”>
    <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>”><h2 class=”post-title”><?php the_title();?></h2><?php the_post_thumbnail(‘thumbnail’); ?></a><?php if (is_page()): the_content(); else: $sbExcerptLength=60; the_excerpt(); endif; ?>

Hope this helps someone else!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from hymspcp on September 22, 2013, 07:40
    I managed to do this manually by editing the bit of code from the free version (and I have no idea how to use PHP)

After this line of code:

<?php if (of_get_option(‘fbox-check’, 0 ) !=’1′ ): get_template_part( ‘featured-box’ ); endif; ?><br />

I pasted this bit from the free theme:

<div id=”content”>
    <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();?><div <?php post_class(); ?> id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>”>
    <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>”><h2 class=”post-title”><?php the_title();?></h2><?php the_post_thumbnail(‘thumbnail’); ?></a><?php if (is_page()): the_content(); else: $sbExcerptLength=60; the_excerpt(); endif; ?>

Hope this helps someone else!

The code you are using is incomplete. There was options to show one Post in the Front Page instead of Page. Anyway we added a Option in both the Small Business Pro and Extend where you will find a Theme Option to set the WordPress Reading Settings instead of Theme Settings for Front Page Post/Page viewing. Please download the Theme Again and Overwrite the Theme Files in you site.

wjdIyAi.png

Susan Raisty-Egami
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. I just bought the Pro theme yesterday so believe I have the most current version, however my Small Business Settings page does not contain the “use wordpress reading settings” box that you circled in the above screenshot. What to do now?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from sraisty on October 26, 2013, 03:59
    I’m having the same problem. I just bought the Pro theme yesterday so believe I have the most current version, however my Small Business Settings page does not contain the “use wordpress reading settings” box that you circled in the above screenshot. What to do now?

Please download again and overwrite your files with the new.

Donna Abreu
    Participant

I am using the Free version and this static page option is not working. Under Settings, I changed the Static home Page to be “static page” and I selected my page form the drop down. Saved, then whet to my site, but it’s still showing the slide show with two posts. what should I do for this free version? thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.