D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Static Page Issue

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Static Page Issue

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by D5 Creation.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Baysinger
    Participant

I installed the Simplify theme. It’s great, but I’m having an issue which is probably (hopefully) an easy fix.

I only have three pages right now: my main front page (that I did not create, it’s the default that comes with the theme), an About page, and a Blog page. I need to set my blog posts to post to the Blog page, but in order to do this, I must change the front page to a static page. This is no problem, except that when I change it to static under “customize,” it only gives me the choice of templates for the About and Blog pages.

To summarize, I want my front page to stay exactly the way it is right now (basically the default), but I want my blog posts to post to the Blog page. That’s all.

My problem is that when I change to a static page, it completely deletes everything on my front page because there is no option to use the front page template.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks if you can help.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

What is your Site URL ?

Did you try to set a Static Home Page and a Blog Page from WP-Admin > Settings > Reading ?. You can create a Blank Page and can set that as Front Page. These are WordPress Core issues/features, not Themes’

James Baysinger
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried the static page, but it changes everything. The site is metalcrunch.com. I haven’t changed anything other than a little text and a few images. I’ll try to post screenshots, hopefully they will show up. As you can see, the only choices I get are the About page and the Blog page.

mc001

What I want is my front page to stay the same, but I want the blog page to be able to be used as a blog.

This is what the front page currently looks like.

mc002

But when I try to use a static page, it basically deletes everything on my front page and only offers me two choices: About page and the Blog page.

mc003

I’m just not sure what to do with the front page to keep it without losing the format when I change to static.

If I have to create a blank page and use it as the front page, how do I transfer the exact format, text, and images from the current front page to a blank page?

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Please create a Blank Page and set that as Front Page. You will not lose anything. These are nor Theme Related, these are WordPress Core features.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.