D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Tabel on page is in view behind Sibebar on some pcs

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Tabel on page is in view behind Sibebar on some pcs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Hello,

on the D5 Creation extended i made a page standard template form and put a tabel with some rows on it .
    When I see the site on my pc it’s ok . The tabel is showing on the left beside the sidebar but if I see the same page on my daughters mac the tabel is showing a big part behind the sidebar .

Any idea’s how that is possible . I had now to make the page full width but that is a solution for now only I hope .

It’s pc(mac) related but what causes this phenomenon .

RR

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on March 20, 2013, 00:09
    Hello,

on the D5 Creation extended i made a page standard template form and put a tabel with some rows on it .
    When I see the site on my pc it’s ok . The tabel is showing on the left beside the sidebar but if I see the same page on my daughters mac the tabel is showing a big part behind the sidebar .

Any idea’s how that is possible . I had now to make the page full width but that is a solution for now only I hope .

It’s pc(mac) related but what causes this phenomenon .

RR

What is the Page Specific URL?

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

This is the page, but like I said I made it now a ful width type.

http://www.spelendeoldtimers.be/?page_id=381

RR

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Could it have something to do with the flash player ? On my daughters mac it was out of date . So I updated the flas player .

If that is the problem is there a way to check this when a visitor is loading the website and give him a warning that he has to update the flash player when he wants to see the page the right way.

RR

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Oeps , there is something wrong with the view in SAFARI . I’m viewing it in Firefox and my daughter is checking it in safari .

In Firefox it’s ok . In Safari it’s behind the sidebar .

I could try to make the tabel smaller but this is a little bug in the layout or not ?

How can I solve this?

RR

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on March 20, 2013, 04:05
    Oeps , there is something wrong with the view in SAFARI . I’m viewing it in Firefox and my daughter is checking it in safari .

In Firefox it’s ok . In Safari it’s behind the sidebar .

I could try to make the tabel smaller but this is a little bug in the layout or not ?

How can I solve this?

RR

We tested in Safari and found no problem. The table is not related with Flash Player if you don’t use any Flash Object within it.

p5iQvb5.jpg

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

I’m sorry but you have the wrong screen . I made the table smaller so it fits in safari also but that is not the solution I hope .
    I tought that the items you put in the page would make that item smaller or wider depending on the kind of pagetype you chose .

If I make the table in the page wider it will get behind the sidebar in safari .

Please let me know 5 minutes before you surf to that page . I will set it up so that you can see this in safari.

RR

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

I made it like it was before and toke a screen dump.
    here is safari look:

7TYzFY8.png

and here is the Firefox look at the same time , you can now see it for your self if you surf to the page:

8lDvcvh.png

RR

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We see that you have set the table width 800px when the maximum content width of the Theme is 620px. Firefox is setting the maximum width of the table but Safari is not. You should set the width to 100% rather than 800px.

Ronnie Teurfs
    Participant

Ok , can you tell me how to do that please

RR

Never mind , found it and learned something new.

I suppose there will be several other things like this in the futher that I have to change the dimensions ?
    It give’s more work to check other sites engines to see if all is in view.

I did think that this was standard , I mean that the image or tabel settings would take the % instead of px when creating it .

But hey the problem is solved .

Thanks very much for your patience,

RR

PS. Any idea about the other issue I have posted in the : https://d5creation.com/forum/general-discussions-group1/wish-a-new-product-or-service-forum4/help-on-theme-extension-like-on-simplify-extended-thread248/

Maybe It is something that could be implemented in all the extended themes over time ?

Not in any way pushing you 😀

Your doing a great job and I love your themes , else I would not be a extended member.

Keep up the great work

RR

D5 Creation
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote from Roadracer on March 20, 2013, 18:24
    Ok , can you tell me how to do that please

RR

Never mind , found it and learned something new.

I suppose there will be several other things like this in the futher that I have to change the dimensions ?
    It give’s more work to check other sites engines to see if all is in view.

I did think that this was standard , I mean that the image or tabel settings would take the % instead of px when creating it .

But hey the problem is solved .

Thanks very much for your patience,

RR

PS. Any idea about the other issue I have posted in the : https://d5creation.com/forum/general-discussions-group1/wish-a-new-product-or-service-forum4/help-on-theme-extension-like-on-simplify-extended-thread248/

Maybe It is something that could be implemented in all the extended themes over time ?

Not in any way pushing you 😀

Your doing a great job and I love your themes , else I would not be a extended member.

Keep up the great work

RR

Thank You for your Appreciation. May we request you to write a Testimonial for us?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.