D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Salmon
    Participant

I tried searching the forum using the search tool, but didn’t find this error. I have a feeling this “directive” in the php.ini isn’t a php file in my theme, but since I short on skills, I will ask for help here. Here are the steps to reproduce my error:

From WordPress Dashboard:
    1. Navigate to Appearance -> Themes, Clicked “Add New”
    2. From Add Themes page, clicked “Upload Theme”
    3. From Add Theme page on which it said:
    “If you have a theme in a .zip format, you may install it by uploading it here.”
    4. Clicked “Choose File” Dialog box opened, I navigated to and selected my “simplified-extend.zip” file.
    5. Clicked “Install Now”
    6. About 20 seconds later the install error’d out and displayed the following message:

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Is this a config or setting that I can adjust?

Thank you!
    Robert

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

This is a problem from your host/server. The hosting company has set a file upload limit which is not enough to upload it via Dashboard. You can ask them to increase the limit or can use FTP Method for uploading. If you want us to install/upload the Theme for you you can provide us the following information in the E-Mail Support.

Site URL
    One Temporary Admin ID and Password
    FTP/cPanel User Name and Password

Robert Salmon
    Participant

I should have DuckDuckGo’d that prior to posting. Next time I will. Anyway, after mucking around with my FTP settings in Filezilla, I was finally able to FTP in and clean up all the leftover, Work In Progress websites from the past 6 years. After doing some housework, I finally found the resting place of my current website and was able to FTP the extended theme into the correct directory. I just activated it on my dashboard and it looks good!! (yay me!) I’m really happy that most of my text I had updated is still there! I just need to replaced the main slider images to be back where I was before. (Which wasn’t that far to be honest, but hey I’m trying to figure this out!)

Thank you very much for your prompt assistance!! It takes away some of the stress from this “adventure” I’m on knowing that not only are the themes works of art, the backbone behind them – the support – is awesome too. Thanks for that!

Robert

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Thank you for your appreciation. These will certainly inspire us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.