D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Where is the Change Log?

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Questions Where is the Change Log?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPA Davis
    Participant

This is a problem I have raised before… when D5 updates a Theme it is not possible to test the changes because there is no list of the changes made.
    I have just updated NewsPress Extend from v5.7 to 6.5.
    Presumably moving from a ‘5.x’ version to a ‘6.x’ suggests a major update of some sort. (And not just a few security tweaks)
    Is it because of the WordPress changes to 5.0?
    Is it because of some major functionality change?
    How can I tell? And how can I test what effect it has on my site?
    My live news site has over 5,000 Posts and over 3,000 daily readers. I cannot risk downtime on this site.
    I have a staging site so that I can check that the site will run OK when I upgrade but:
    i) how do I test what changes you have made if I don’t know what they are?
    ii) how can implement new functionality that might be good for my site if I don’t know what it is?
    iii) how do I see the effect of your update when I don’t know what I am looking for?
    Don’t misunderstand me. I love this Theme and I want to use it to make the site as good as possible.
    It just makes the maintenance process much more difficult if I don’t know what I’m looking for.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We are sorry but we started adding a Changelog File within the Theme Folder. You will find a Changelog File within the newspress.zip folder. You can also find the NewsPress Changelog in the Theme Page.

NewsPress Changelog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.