D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Woocommerce hooks support in Business Line Pro theme

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Woocommerce hooks support in Business Line Pro theme

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by D5 Creation.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Craig Cartwright
    Participant

Hi
    I’m currently using your latest D5 business line pro theme for my site. I’m using it for an ecommerce site usiing WooCommerce.

I’ve created a child theme and things are working fine…….BUT…. the theme does not seem to support the full set of woocommerce hooks. In particular I’m trying to use
    “woocommerce_before_main_content” in my functions file. Absolutely nothing works for it. Yet another hook works fine.

So steps I’ve tried:

1. Created & working child theme
    2. Added woocommerce support to child theme functions
    3. Added woocommerce_before_main_content hook action to child theme function – NOTHING
    4. Tried (gulp) added woocommerce_before_main_content hook action directly to business line theme function – NOTHING
    5. Tried above again, but disabled child theme and enabled business line theme – NOTHING
    6. Set back to No: 1: tried adding archive-product.php file (amended) to child theme with tweak – NOTHING
    7. Tried adding archive-product.php with tweak to business theme – NOTHING
    8. As above, but disabled child theme and enabled only business line – NOTHING

SO in a nuthsell I think I’ve tried everything but it will not work with your theme.

If I revert to a WP theme e.g. 20x – all works perfectly fine….

Help I’m pulling my hair out!!!!!!

Craig Cartwright
    Participant

So……

I decided not to give up and carried on searching…..

I finally found the reason it doesn’t work – problem is that’s a big “ouch”. It seems that your “woocommerce support” for themes is utilising the basic option – the woocommerce.php file instead of what I’d call a proper woocommerce theme support.

These means that you just push out the WooCommerce loop in the page – so the majority of woocommerce hooks are disabled 🙁

So to conclude:

1. Either I have to disable woocommerce.php in your theme folder, then utilise the proper woocommerce templates in my child theme (lots of work!)
    2. OR lump it, and rely on just basic woocommerce integration

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We are sorry for the issues you are facing. Please update your Business Line Extend with the latest Version: https://d5creation.com/theme/businessline/

This is the Theme Update Tutorial: https://d5creation.com/themeupdate/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.