D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

How to Make Options Home Page Appear as Static in Reading Settings?

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support How to Make Options Home Page Appear as Static in Reading Settings?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rubin
    Participant

I have a very similar question as this user – https://d5creation.com/forums/topic/i-have-trouble-with-the-customize-settings/

I have spent a lot of time putting together a Home Page based on the options you created for the Innovation theme. I would like to understand how to select the home page as static for making an alternate Blog page for my posts. The Home Page is not an option in the WordPress–>Settings–>Reading area for making it a static page. Is this possible?

Your demo of the theme suggests this is possible and shows a posts page that is different from the home page, but I cannot see how to do it…there was not a clear answer in the previous post I reviewed.

Please let me know I can make this work.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

You should create two separate pages with or without contents from WP-Admin > Pages > Add New. Then you should select those for Home and Blog Page from Settings > Reading

Brad Rubin
    Participant

That sounds reasonable. How do I use the Home Page options template you developed for a new page? That is what I want to be able to do. This way, I can create an alternate posts page, while taking advantage of the core theme for the home page.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

The Home Page should show the front-page.php file

Brad Rubin
    Participant

OK. If I create a new home page and make it static, how do I make it show the front-page.php file? Is there a configuration somewhere? I have a new home page set, but I can’t figure out how to show the front-page.php file within the new Home Page.

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Brad Rubin
    Participant

I figured this out…A new page titled Home automatically gets set with the options. I used the WordPress setting to set the static page and the posts page. Everything worked fine. Thank you for the help. It was not intuitive, but I got it to work. Thanks!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.