D5 Creation Forum

Open Forum for D5 Creation's Members and Visitors

Before requesting any support Please search the Forum First. You may find your desired answer. This will save your waiting time and will save our working hour. We may not answer the question which we have already answered. You should also read our Support Policy

Now I Can't edit front page content

Front Page D5 Creation Forum General Support Now I Can't edit front page content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivonne Eston
    Participant

Setup the site perfectly using Simplify theme. Today I need to change something on the front page, but when I click on “Edit Page” some really strange text comes up (bellow) and it has nothing to do with my original text (that has not change yet). You can see it here:
    ——————-
    This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to potential site visitors. It might say something like this:

Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this is my blog. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I like piña coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)

…or something like this:

The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing quality doohickeys to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the Gotham community.

As a new WordPress user, you should go to your dashboard to delete this page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!
    —————————————————-

I am only using 3 plugins:
    Akismet
    Huge IT Image Gallery
    Links With Icons Widget

I deactivate them all for now, but that did not help.
    Maybe I can switch to another theme but I love this one and would like to keep it.

Could you offer some idea what can I do to fix it?

TIA

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

Page/Post Editor is WordPress Core Feature and is not controlled by Simplify Theme

Susan Gentry
    Participant

How do I update the text in the columns on the front page. It’s been a while since I have updated and now I have forgotten. I have looked at every option on the theme and can’t find it anywhere. Thanks!

D5 Creation
    Keymaster

We are sorry for the delay in the response. You can find all Theme Related Options/Settings under WP-Admin > Appearance > Theme(name) Options for the Extended Version Themes. For the Free Versions, the limited options can be found under WP-Admin > Appearance > Customize. Sometimes, the Hosting Resource Limits should be adjusted for proper operation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.